Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Road Trips & "Baby Crack"


All I have to say is....WE SURVIVED!!
Well, OK there is more to say. We decided to take a "little" road trip to California on Thanksgiving night. A little trip that included Lego Land, Sea World and 3 VERRRRY full days at Disney. (sigh)
First of all....I cannot stand being in a car for more than an hour at a time. Never have! But we made it mostly due to our DVD player. (A.K.A. Baby Crack) We named it so due to the glazed, zombie-like stares the kids get while watching it. IT'S AWESOME!! I remember my first trip to Disney when I was 3. My parents took My dad's '74 Corvette and I rode in the back the whole way. Now, I know that some of you have caught on and are saying, "Corvettes don't have back seats!" BINGO!!!! No back seats (or seat belts), no "Baby Crack", NOTHING! Just a 3x3x2 ft space to look at books, color and do puzzles! Thanks Mom and Dad! Maybe I have just uncovered the reason for my hatred of long road trips! LOL!
Anyhoo....Sea World and Disney were wonderful. We walked on pretty much every ride and if you haven't been on the Haunted Mansion ride during Halloween and Christmas, you are SOOOOO missing out. Nightmare before Christmas EVERYWHERE!

Emma LOVED Sea World soooo much! She loved Shamu, the dolphins, petting sting rays, holding star fish...EVERYTHING!

That child is not afraid of anything!! Not even the rides at Disney scared her. In fact, she was VERY angry at us for not letting her on the "Bigger" rides her sister was going on.
Grace is an absolute adrenalin junky just like her mom. I love it!! Her fav. ride was the Tower of Terror and California Screamin' at Calif. Adventure. Tyler's fav. ride was Casey Jr. Talk about opposites!! Oh well, at least he had fun!
Long story short....I'm glad we did it! We had a lot of fun and we were ready to come home when the time came. (A mark of a successful vacation!)

2 comments from the peanut gallery:

Nancy December 11, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

I love this last pic of Emma So precious!!
Glad you had fun next time I wanna go!!! I'll totally ride in the "back seat" of a corvette if I have too:P
duchr

Erin Boyle December 12, 2008 at 5:02 AM  

So glad that you had such a wonderful trip. It was fun to see you at bunko. Call me when you want to go
to lunch.
Love ya!
Erin

Labels

About This Blog


  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP